Retroflex has become a well-known and trusted brand in the flexographic printing and gravure coating industries worldwide. With a total commitment to parts and service support for every customer, our reputation remains as solid as the equipment we build. Our Field Service Technician provides support to service, troubleshoot, train, test, install, inspect, and repair equipment.
- Duties include assembling parts on unit and attaching unit to assembly, subassembly or frame using hand tools and power tools, inspecting, testing and adjusting completed unit to ensure unit meets specs, tolerances and Customer requirements.
- Assemble and wire electrical control panels using point to point wiring.
- Route, wire, assemble, and connect electrical control and manufacturing equipment per drawings and/or blueprints.
- Perform basic pneumatic/hydraulic/conduit layout and hook-up.
- Responsible for performing field service, field calibration, advanced systems/drives configurations, advanced systems/drives repairs and other necessary services to support the life cycle of the drives, drives systems and controls systems.
- Conduct routine equipment servicing, preventive equipment maintenance, and technical training.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Ability to interact with personnel in Sales, Administration, Engineering and Shop.
- Produce timely and detailed trip reports and documentation from field dispatches.
- Travel to Customer to perform troubleshooting, calibrations, and configurations on controllers on-site.
- Travel up to 50% of the time.
- Cultivate existing Customer relationships.
- Communicate with Customers as needed to promote products, learn about equipment faults, explain procedures, answer questions and address complaints.
- Provide technical assistance and training to Customer.
- Exchange diagnostic and troubleshooting information with appropriate department personnel.
- Drive new business development efforts by identifying products and services that improve Customer experience.
- Coordinate repair and maintenance tasks following company travel trip procedure.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Associate Degree preferred. Demonstrated experience working directly with clients/customers in an effective and positive manner. Basic math and computer skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products. Ability to read and understand blueprint drawings of mechanical assemblies, electrical drawings, and pneumatic drawings. Hydraulics and pneumatics experience a plus. Prior experience working on drives and controls systems. Knowledge of how to maintain, repair, diagnose and correctly install or replace equipment. Precise written communication abilities for filing repair, installation, and maintenance trip reports. Ability to work with minimal supervision while using own technical judgement regarding complex tasks.
Preferred Skills Technical Capacity
Proven field service experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work autonomously. Follow workplace/ OSHA standards. Ability to effectively use wire cutters, crimpers, soldering iron electrical meters, etc. Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of people. Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand however some prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is regularly required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Must have excellent hand-eye coordination. Ability to differentiate between colored wires, tabs, and electronic components.
Travel to meet with clients or potential clients will be required.
Job Type: Full-time.
Work Location: Multiple locations. Position requires travel 50% of the time.
This job operates in a professional office environment as well as in a manufacturing atmosphere. Travel is required. Customer environments vary.
Retroflex, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.